I am looking for a part-time teaching job. I have applied for various positions with Sinclair, UD, Wright State, Indiana Weslyan and other schools in the area. I don’t have any formal teaching experience yet, but I have been teaching kids (and teenagers) in our church for years. I’ve led small to larger teams at various jobs over the years, and with my education I’m confident I could be a very good teacher once I find my first opportunity.
I have attached a copy of my resume here, and have a full list of ALL my work experience and education available upon request, as well as personal and professional references. I have re-created my resume (in HTML) below, but I assure you that the PDF version looks MUCH nicer.
A rewarding, challenging position in teaching where I can pass on some of the things I have learned in the web
development field over the years. Throughout my career, I learned and have never lost sight of how important positive
word of mouth, customer service and key affiliations and relationships are for the success of any individual or
organization. I would hope to pass that along as well as the technical aspects of what I have experienced in the field.
|October 2005 – Present||Design Chemistry|
|Senior Webologist||Dayton, OH|
- New business development, and finding and strengthening relationships with other marketing agencies in Dayton
area for collaborative work. Also work on estimates and scopes, as well as qualifying potential leads and referrals.
- Build all websites using valid XHTML and CSS; standards-compliant website design.
- Further development of PHP and MySQL development skills which were used extensively in several home-grown
shopping cart solutions, a delivery service tracking application, lead management systems, a survey application
and complex reporting tools, an integrated calendar and RSVP system, a bid application/calculation, and a host of
other smaller custom applications for our clients.
- AJAX and DOM script development used in many of the afore-mentioned applications.
- Hiring, training and coaching of new employees brought into the firm.
|August 2004 – September 2005||Diversified Computer Solutions, Inc.|
|Senior Web Engineer||Dayton, OH|
- Develop sophisticated inventory management system, along with customized shopping cart engine
which calculates all prices based on advanced algorithm given by client.
- Continually build admin consoles for clients where maintenance is streamlined, allowing
administrators to delete multiple items at once, re-sort listings on any given column, and generate a
spreadsheet of all records in a given database table on demand.
- Design and program complete site password-protection application allowing customers to easily
manage members and require login for any page on a web site.
- Work closely with others to prepare customer instructions, help menus, data dictionaries and other
technical documentation for custom-built web applications.
|February 2001 – September 2005||Perpetual Web Creations|
|Webmaster / President||Miamisburg, OH|
- Designed / programmed total web-based solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the Dayton, OH and
- Marketed to businesses in the local area, creating and sending out mass communications, and following up with
potential clients. Recorded progress, scheduled activities, and documented communication with prospects in
MySQL database, viewed through custom-built interface.
- Contract, proposal and quote generation done personally, in addition to sub-contractor agreements when
needed, as well as managing all the communication flow between clients and PWC representatives.
- Developed and continued to market user-friendly PHP / MySQL-based calendar solution, Dynamic Calendar.
|October 2002 – August 2004||Chisano Marketing Communications|
|eBusiness Architect||Miamisburg, OH|
- Created, maintained and developed sites for clients from beginning to end in the site development
process (initial planning, design/layout, site architecture, etc.).
- Programmed every part of complex Lead Management and Inventory Management systems for YSI Inc.
- Created a number of enhancements and reports for several pre-existing online ordering systems.
- Responsible for all programming of myDesign, an online art review application used by CMC art
department and account managers to provide digital ‘proofs’ to clients.
- Directed sites to incorporate more CSS and heightened coding standards of sites generated by CMC.
- Built most sites to be valid XHTML and began to use some object-oriented programming in PHP.
EDUCATION / CERTS
|University Of Cincinnati (OH)||B.B.A., Marketing and Management||June 1997|
|CompTIA I-Net+||Certified Professional||August 2004|
|University of Dayton (OH)||M.B.A., Management Information Systems||December 2007|
About Shaun Worcester (127 posts)
Web geek by day (and early morning sometimes), husband, father, volunteer and friend by night. I am a self-taught web developer which has flourished into a good career, and today my focus is mostly on online marketing, project management, social media, HTML5, CSS3, and OOP PHP. I'm always reading a variety of things that will continue to feed my passions: online marketing, relationships, church leadership, and my own walk with Christ.
I've found the key to happiness (and survival) for me is to be well organized and structured so that I can do a 'good job' at everything. But one of these days I'm going to be able to withdraw from everything else and just spend my days w/ God, Gaby, family and friends.